Sunday, March 23, 2008

Grateful Sunday


Today is Easter, and I am especially grateful for the Savior. I am so grateful for everything He has done for me. In sacrament meeting today it was mentioned that we don't have crosses like other churches do, because we don't focus on His death- we focus on the fact that He lives. I LOVE that aspect of the gospel.

It was really neat to hear the Easter message adapted for 3 year olds in Primary. It was simple and clear, Jesus gave His life for us and then rose from the dead 3 days later. The kids had been very active (as all 3 year olds are) throughout Sharing Time and most of the lesson. However, when Claudia (my co-teacher) spoke of His death and resurrection it got very quiet (relatively). The kids became engaged in the lesson, asking and answering questions- and I could see that most of them understood. It really struck me and I am grateful for that experience.

I think sometimes I get carried away with trying to understand the "deep" concepts of the Gospel, and occasionally feel spiritually dwarfed by others' comprehension. I realized today that is not important. I have a testimony, however simple it may be, of the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior. I may not have all the deep insights that others' have, but for right now, what I do know is good enough for me.



On a less spiritual note, I am also grateful that my parents taught me to take responsibility for my actions. I have noticed lately that many kids at my school have not had the same oportunity to learn that lesson. It is obvious that their parents have not taught them that their actions have consequences. I don't know how many times I have heard, "Well, this person made me do this, or if you hadn't done this I wouldn't have done that." What a way to live, how will a person survive in this world with that kind of mentality? Sometimes it is hard to accept responsibility for a mistake, but at least I know how. Way to go, Mom and Dad!


2 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I agree that although there is much to know about the Gospel, a simple testimony is what gives us strength. (President Packer even talked about that in the last General Conference.)

Happy Easter!

Our Ohana said...

I love this post! Thank you!!!