Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Palmyra

A couple of weeks ago my mother and father-in-law came to visit. We drove up to Palmyra on Friday night, spent a little time there then drove to Boston and then came home on Sunday. It was a blast, but after spending almost 16 hours driving in one weekend I vowed I was done traveling until after the baby came (which didn't actually work out, seeing as we spent this past weekend in Boston with some friends- but that will be the next post).

Anyways, here are some pictures of the trip:

The Joseph Smith house


I loved in the Smith home they had dried flowers hanging in every room. I really appreciated the idea of not having alot, but making the house a home and making something simple into something beautiful!


The Sacred Grove


Hill Cumorah Visitor Center



I also took some pictures just to show how AWESOME fall on the East Coast is. It was absolutely beautiful that weekend!



This last picture is one of my favorites...the vines that grow up the trees turn bright red in the fall. My father-in-law thought it was the coolest thing, so I had to take a picture for him.

2 comments:

Lesley Wright said...

How beautiful! I want to come visit you two (soon to be three) and go see all the historical sites. Sounds like so much fun. We should plan something after our children are born, then they can meet each other too.

Erin said...

I love your pictures Lindsey!!

I'm getting so excited for you. Everytime I look at your baby ticker I just can not wait for you to experience motherhood!