Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Haircut

I remember when K looked like this:




Doesn't that just warm your spirits to see! Since the day she was born, people have always commented on her beautiful blond hair. When I look at pictures like this, I wonder what they were talking about. She looks bald! (I realize this picture doesn't fully illustrate what I am trying to say, it's just so stinking cute I had to use it)
I guess maybe I am just comparing her to now:



Seriously, could she look more raggedy (is that even a word?)?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, I love her hair...I just am not sure what to do to keep the hair out of her eyes and looking scraggly in the back!

What do you do during this in between stage with your little girls' hair?

6 comments:

Kelsey Crowder said...

you have to cut it. kamryn seriously didn't start growing hair until she was 1. i didn't want to cut it because i thought she'd look even more like a boy! but when you cut it, and everything gets all evened out, it looks SO much better, and fuller. if you don't like her hair in her face (kam has the same problem), have them cut some bangs, and then just even the rest of her hair out. that's what i did anyways!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

If you find out what to do, let me know. Riley has been like that for a month (and she's only 6 months old!) Plus, she's losing some of her baby hair on the sides, so it's like the opposite of male pattern baldness...no fun!

Kerrigan is so cute. I love her curls in the pictures...it's probably a lot of work, but you should do that to her hair all the time!

Stacey said...

I put Kaylee's in a in a little pony on top if her head on most days...

sarah said...

You just need to have it trimmed so that when it grows out it will all be even and it will look nicer. She does have really pretty blonde hair :)

Darleen said...

Hairclips. And I would buy the small clear elastics and put little pigtails in Stella's hair or little ponytail on top. Whatever you do don't cut it!! This is the best time--now you can actually "do" her hair.

Hillary said...

little clippies to pull the hair out of her eyes and then just trim a TINY bit from the back every few weeks to keep it growing. My girls went through some CRAZY hair stages and this is really all you can do. But trimming (just tiny bits at a time) will really help it grow! Darleen's right, it is such a fun time to actually do their hair so don't chop it :)