Monday, April 6, 2009

The Best 3 Years



Jared and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary with a beautiful long distance phone call!


Sad, huh, I was out of town for our anniversary...sign me up for wife of the year : ) So since we didn't really celebrate it yet, I thought I would commemorate the event by telling our love story (I am copying Erin's idea, which she did for Valentine's Day). It is kind of long, so I will tell it in multiple parts.


Chapter 1: The Encounter


In January of 2005, I headed up for a much needed visit to BYU-Idaho to visit my BFF Andrea. I had just broken up with a guy I was seriously dating, and wanted to get out of town for awhile.


One of the hot items on the to-do list was OF COURSE attending the blue grass concert. We got all dressed up in our most fashionable hick attire and met up with Andrea's brother Jeff. He told me one of his roommates had just had a date fall through, so had me call him to get him to come. I think I had some cheesy conversation that went something like this, " Yo J-dawg, blue grass is in tha house...Be there or be square"...no, really I think that is a fairly accurate summary of what I said- smooth, huh!


Anyways, we are sitting at the concert, and this ridiculously good looking guy wearing a backwards hat (be still my heart) and plops down next to me. Had I known how cute he was, I probably would have pulled out the big guns when it came to my phone flirtations, but apparently it worked for him.


We talked as much as you can talk with killer blue grass music playing, and then afterwards we went with the group to play games and watch 8 Second. Sounds like the right mood for romance, right...wrong!


The mood would have been set by the movie. Unfortunately, Jeff Fox had dared me to eat a GINORMOUS cup of chocolate pudding...which I did! However, during the movie when Jared went to put his arm around me, the chocolate pudding decided to make a surprise appearance...and I made a mad dash to the bathroom to empty the contents of my stomach.

I returned to the couch, and spent the rest of the night with my legs in between me and Jared (because of a lack of gum) and his arm awkwardly resting on my knees (which he claims was due to the fact he had already committed to making a move, so wasn't going to back down)....





*This is is a picture from when Jared met the whole family for the first time*



3 comments:

Erin said...

HILARIOUS!!! I love you Lindsey. You are one of the funniest people I know. And when you wrote what you said in the phone call, I knew that's exactly what you said, because that sounds JUST like you! I can't wait to hear the rest of your story.

Anonymous said...

:-) I love how you narrate... you're a dang good story teller! I miss you a metric tonne. And I agree with Erin up there... tell the rest of the story, woman!

Adriane said...

Great story...love the "hood talk"!!

When you get to part II, I hope you add the Jared singing/playing guitar, Lindsey records on cell phone and uses as daily alarm clock part...that's the part I remember :-) Lova ya lindsey!

P.S. Thanks for the saaweeet comment about my story.