Friday, March 30, 2012

November AND December

That's right folks, I am combining 2 major months...can you handle it?!?
For Turkey Day, we all flew out to Tucson to check out Jared's parents' new digs. Not going to lie, being able to go swimming at the end of November- AHHHHmazing!
We enjoyed lots of family time, pool time and rest time.
Also noteworthy is the 2nd picture on the top row. Kerrigan packed her suitcase the week before. She knows once we break out her Trunki (seriously BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!) it means we are going to the airport. We let her pack her snacks and toys for the airport, then she gets to hitch a ride on it as we are walking thru the airport...such a lifesaver!
December:
We headed to Arizona for Christmas. The kids and I went early and hung out with my sister's family for a week and a half. Sadly, I started feeling mysteriously sick and tired, so I didn't take any pictures! Oops!
Then we headed up to Flagstaff to my parents house, and Jared met up with us. We got our sugar cookies, sledding and yoga on. Always loads of random fun at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Christmas morning:
Not sure why my kids look homeless in these pictures- we had already been to church, then came home for presents. Brooke's family couldn't come up, so my kiddos enjoyed the spotlight all morning. Santa left most of the bigger presents at our house, since we had to drive home a few days later.
2 random pregnancy stories:
#1. While we were at my parents' ward, I suddenly felt "the urge" and had to make a ladylike dash to the restroom. Halfway down the hallway, someone behind me said hi to me and I think asked me how I was. I started to slow down...the threw up in my mouth... and returned to a more frantic dash. So to the kind unknown person who saw me that day- my apologies for not returning your greetings. I had more urgent matters to attend to!
#2. 20 months ago, I drove down to Flagstaff from Idaho @ 36 weeks pregnant. Not going to lie, I thought it was awful. Turns out, compared to the drive at 9 weeks pregnant, it is a piece of cake. WORST DRIVE EVER KNOWN TO MAN!!!! I literally have never felt so sick in my life...never again will I make a long drive in the first trimester of pregnancy. Let's just say Jared deserves major points for getting us all home in one piece!


No comments: