Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Idaho and Arizona

We were so lucky to be able to head home for the holidays despite the fact we were just out there a few months ago.

First we went to Idaho. I didn't take many pictures for some reason, but we did a ton while out there. Some of the un-photographed events were playing with cousins, attending Jared's brother's wedding (HOW DID I NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES OF THAT?!?!?!?), hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa, wedding preparation and meeting Santa.

I did manage the take pictures of a few things. The first day we were there Jared says he needs to shovel the driveway before church...what the heck?!?!?! I was baffled, the driveway is HUGE! I also wasn't sure why he felt the need to do manual labor before church...until I hear the 4 wheeler fire up. Ooooohhhhhh, there it is. This wasn't a case of work, Jared was in HEAVEN plowing the driveway and playing with the dogs.
Kerrigan watched the whole time through the window. We attempted to go outside, but the 2 energetic black labs were enough incentive to stay safely in the house!

Experiments on Kerrigan's hair were frequent...pigtails were spotted numerous times on her head. Also, we tried sponge curlers in K's hair. The first attempt went horribly awry (see the Who picture below), but we managed to save the day with some unreasonably cute pigtails.

She also got to open birthday presents from Jared's family.


Then we rented a car and drove to Flagstaff. Again, not many pictures were taken. I was lucky enough to capture this moment, though:
Poor Jan got played for a fool : ) jk Jared stuck his prize badger (complete with teeth and nasty claws) pelt on her bed while she was sleeping. When she woke up, she thought it was a skunk (apparently color blind in the a.m.) and fell to the floor in fetal position. Poor girl has zero fight or flight reflexes.
Kerrigan discovered her love for sports, and was frequently spotted carrying footballs and basketballs around. She also got to spend quality time with Grandma Great who was down taking care of my "recovering from surgery" mother.
Since our video camera was used more than our picture camera Christmas morning, I only have a few pictures from Christmas. Soooo, I paired those with the temple lights.
Can you believe we are wearing COATS in PHOENIX?!?!?! I realize it is December, but really, COATS!
Now all I need is a New Years post, and I will be all caught up...or mostly caught up : )

No comments: